Web Developer Human Required…
News Web Developer Human Required…
DIGITAL CONSTRUCTION SPECIALIST REQUIRED! (That’s web-developer to you and I)
As you might have heard, SO Marketing have recently upped sticks and relocated to a new office in the heart of Leek, and we’re happy to say we’re starting to settle in quite well; it’s a bit like we’ve just started at a new school and finally found a nice group of people to sit with at lunch. The thing is, here at SO we’re not really ones for sitting still (unless it’s a Sunday, naturally) and we’re already looking to start absorbing local minds to feed into our big web building machine. (Metaphorically, of course).
SO Marketing: A Smoke and (Relatively) Pet Free Home
As we hope to have impressed upon you with our slightly weird introduction, here at SO Marketing we like to throw in a good slosh of fun with everything we do. This is because at our core, we believe our team operates best when they enjoy their work – pretty simple, right? So that’s how we go about things; we specialise in creating unique ideas and branding concepts for regional, national and international clients, for the purposes of either web development or graphic design, and we have a good time whilst we do it. Does this sound like an atmosphere you’d like to work in? Then by all means read a bit more, we double dare you.
Looking for Talented Web Developer; Preferably 1-2 Previous Owners, Good Mileage
Owing to a rapidly expanding client base, we’re currently in the market for a new web developer to join our ranks, but we’re not just looking for any old Tom, Dick or Harry mind you. As you might have seen from our portfolio, we like to think we’ve already got the creative side of things pretty much nailed. What we’re looking for right now is someone with the technical expertise and attention to detail to turn our hair-brained design concepts into reality. We need a developer that’s at home in the back-end of a site, a confident coder who approaches new and on-going builds with tenacity and dedication; someone who’s not afraid to break open a can of Red Bull and settle in for the odd marathon here and there.
That and just a couple of other little things (we’re not normally this picky).
- At least 1-2 years of experience in professional web development.
- Experience using a version control system (We use git).
- Use BDD and TDD when building websites.
- Ideally we need someone with experience of working with PHP, and some understanding of e-commerce website development, specifically using the Magento open source platform. A grasp of building WordPress sites would be the cherry on the cake.
- A working understanding of the current landscape of website coding, including optimising sites for mobile devices and the inclusion of features like internal search bars and drop down tabs.
- We’re not stipulating ‘people skills’ (vague and annoyingly ambiguous as they are) but we need employees who are sociable, fit into our easy going workspace, and can confidently handle client enquiries and comments without constant supervision. That being said, we won’t object if you’re the “ear-phones in, head-down type” either.
Your end of the bargain
We’re most certainly old enough, and hopefully wise enough, to know that if you want to retain the best members of staff, you’ve got to offer a few incentives here and there: “a spoonful of sugar makes the… web developers happy” that is how the song goes, isn’t it?
- The chance to weigh in on a variety of builds across multiple industries, budgets and briefs; variety is, after all, the spice of life.
- The best music the world can offer (minus Taylor Swift) pumped straight into your ears with a complementary Spotify membership.
- A creative workspace in a brand spanking new office, complete with fully equipped Apple Mac Hardware and chairs that don’t yet squeak.
- Team building activities where we actually get outside and experience that ‘fresh air’ thing everyone is raving about these days.
- A generous starting salary of £20 big ones (that’s £20,000, and we’re nowhere near street enough to pull off phrases like ‘big ones’).
Come Sit with Us
So how does a future career with SO Marketing sound? We hope you like what’s on offer, we are after all quite a friendly bunch, and we’re always happy to share our puddings. If you think you fit the bill then please get in touch with us over at [email protected], we’d love to hear from you. Remember to include your previous experience, why you think you’d fit in with our team, and any examples of your work you want us to consider.